Young Adult Fiction

MLS Graduate Student's Reading Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reading Level Comparison: Basal, Guided Reading, Reading Recovery, Developmental Reading, Lexile Framework and AR(ATOS)


Competency #8
ISAR 5013.20
Search Children's Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD)

Children and Young Adult literature interest me. Right now, my daughter is in first grade, is developing her reading comprehension.  Although I taught fourth grade language, the students came to me, most, reading fluently. Watching my daughter transition from a non-reader to a reader has fascinated me. Reading level is included in the six week report. As a result, I wanted to see where her level fell on the DRA chart. I found this table on the database I am analyzing and have used it to track her progress. I like this visual because it has the DRA rating, as well as, Basal, Guided Reading, Reading Recovery, Lexile and AR (ATOS) side by side. I have printed it out and placed it on my refrigerator as a reference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment