Young Adult Fiction

MLS Graduate Student's Reading Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Databases: Citation Pearl Search (Snowballing) in BIP

Compentency #6
ISAR 5013.20

Citation Pearl Search (snowballing) with BIP

Search Focus: Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series

My Scenario: I am a mother of a teen and she wants to go and see the movie New Moon, based on the book of the same title by Stephenie Meyer. I have a copy of the book in hand and enjoyed the read. I want to find other works by this author. I will enter the ISBN to find the specific title.



The specific record is hit and I see more information like the Author's Name, Publisher and a series title Twilight Saga No. 2. I am going to hit that link. The result of this link is the 25 hits seen below. Expanding further...I am going to look up other work with this particular plot line.

I am choosing to look at Vampires Fiction link and the results returned are much higher.






This results in Snowballing the search to 4,704 results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment